- Photography (A.A. Degree, East Los Angeles College)
- Science (B.S. Degree, Applied Physics - Electronics Option, UCLA)
- Artificial Intelligence Expert and Knowledge Systems (USC Graduate Courses, Certificate from State of California)
- Other (over 5,000 hours in other engineering, computer, digital media, video, website design, and management subjects)
- Note that my degree is in physics, not engineering, which has been more an advantage than a disadvantage.
My multiple careers include:
- Photography (lab technician and photographer Barton Photography, intern Los Angeles Times Photography Department, photographer and photo instructor U.S. Airforce, and lab technician and photographer UCLA Library)
- Electronics (Rockwell International Corporation, Naval Ocean Systems Center, EG&G Almond Instruments, Boeing North American, and my own company, SMPS Technology).
- Knowledge Engineering using expert systems, hypertext systems, and the World-Wide Web (Rockwell International, Boeing, and SMPS Technology)
- Management (Manager at Rockwell International, Branch Head at Naval Ocean Systems Center, Vice President Engineering at EG&G Almond Instruments, Owner of SMPS Technology)
- Internet (Owner of SMPS Technology) Publisher, author, and webmaster of a family of websites including graphics, videos, blogs, social media, and affiliate marketing of engineering ebooks.
- Although engineer has been part of my job titles (Research Engineer, Vice President of Engineering, etc.) the term is legally reserved in some states and other jurisdictions for those who have legally qualified as a professional engineer, which I am not.
- Member Mensa United States
- Life Senior Member Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Early Member HTML Writers Guild
Now, semi-retired in Alta Loma, California (40 miles North East of Disneyland), I author and edit the SMPS Technology Knowledge Base of switching-mode power supply design problems and solutions and occasionally consult.
If any of this is of interest, you can read a more detailed resume or reach me by Email at jerrold.foutz (at) gmail.com, or by phone at 909-989-0487, or by mail, Jerrold Foutz, SMPS Technology, 6233 Callaway Place, Alta Loma, CA 91737-6904.